Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Day 92 of 365 days of Solace: Unspoken "I'm Sorry"

I've had two people do something very cold and cutting in my life.  So much so that each day I seem to have those moments where I think to myself, "I'll show them!" I wouldn't show them by being vindictive or mean, but in being cold and unfriendly.  Thankfully God always steps in and reminds me of my blessings and of how I need to be the best me I can be- loving, forgiving, patient. Yes, "the pure love of Christ" in action, not just word only.

Often I am consoled by the voice of God's Spirit, which let's me know that one of the people involved feels genuine remorse and sorrow for what has transpired because of their decisions. But, they have never expressed any apology because of the dynamics of things.  And you know what, it's okay.  In truth, it's a heavy burden for them to carry, and for me it's teaching me how to be forgiving, even where I could have every reason to not forgive.


A few minutes ago this song played into my head.

Hello (lyrics excerpt)

By Adele


"Hello from the outside
At least I can say that I've tried
To tell you I'm sorry
For breaking your heart
...Hello, how are you?
...I hope that you're well
...I'm sorry
For everything that I've done"

This song has been accompanied with many other songs that let me know that they are sorry.
"Please forgive me, I know not what I do..."
"Oh my friends, my friends forgive me, I am here and you are gone...empty chairs and empty tables..."
"Forgive me, can you forgive me, and hold me in your heart..."

and on the songs have played to offer me divine solace for the terrible things that others have done to me- one who has been innocent of such severe actions.

As I considered what scripture I should share tonight on this blog, my mind was drawn to this Doctrine and Covenants (D&C) [right]

I am so truly grateful that I have been able to move forward and forgive.  I know that only through the grace and mercy of Christ can I forgive.

Wherever you are on your journey towards a happier, Christ-filled life it's never to late to begin.
Start here, and now. Pray for God's direction and pray to understand His voice. If you seek God with a sincere and willing heart to do whatever he asks, He will direct your paths.

Love,
Christine

P.S. I took my children swimming tonight. It was hard for me to want to go, but once I got there and dived in-- Wow! It was such enjoyment to be with my children and teach my little ones how to swim better. I am glad I took that "leap of faith" into the water. It proved to be warm, and moreso it was a bonding time with my precious children. They are growing up so quickly. I must try to seize the day while they still need Mama like they do. Oh, how I love them!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice with your comment.

Like Button

I'm happy you stopped by. Please, share it with a friend!