Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Day 106 of 265 days of Solace: God's promises

I am so incredibly blessed by God, but that doesn't mean my life is free of pain or suffering. As I watched this short film I could relate to the message of it. I could relate to feeling I knew God's will and yet seeing that what seemed like promises from God were not fulfilled. As I remain filled with faith and patience I also see that good things happen as I "wait upon the Lord," versus if I begin to question and worry things aren't going to work out alright.

Even now I wait to see God's hand in larger matters in my life, but in the meantime I have to walk through what feels like a large, dry, hot, and exhausting and painful desert. What's so interesting is that I have been feeling at peace, instead being in tears and disconsolate emotional duress. While I slept I heard these words of a scripture come into my thoughts,"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." (John 14:27)

I felt truly thankful for that reminder. I do know that I am being buoyed up by the peace of God, and I also know that if we are faithful to following his commandments and living in a way to please God each hour of each day we will find that we are blessed with a peace that no earthly source can imitate. I will keep trying with my every breath to be found worthy of His peace.










I discovered this video today, and I think it illustrated just one of the many wonderful ways that God keeps his promises--in His own due time.


https://movingworks.org/films/ (You can see other inspiring videos of how people's lives have been changed through Christ.)

May you keep your sight Jesus Christ in all you do, and you will have his peace to attend to you.

Love, Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice with your comment.

Like Button

I'm happy you stopped by. Please, share it with a friend!