Monday, June 17, 2013

Believe in God, Miracles, and angels!


www.framedlegacy.com
I had a wonderful day at church.  I felt so happy to be there, and my choir sang.  I may even upload that song...though  it's not an amazing recording, and not everyone is what you'd call a "singer."  But everyone sang with their heart, and that matters more to God.  When we sing with our heart and put forth what we feel is our best effort He is pleased.

I've told you I often feel comfort and messages from Heavenly Father through song.  This morning as I was still half asleep, and trying to wake up, I heard the words and melody in my head of "Miracle of miracles."  I couldn't place anymore than that.  The internet is amazing at help solve musical mysteries. 

Here's the mysterious song of sleep.  A lesser known one (I'd say) from the Fiddler on the Roof.


Wonder of wonders, miracle of miracles-
God took up Daniel once again,
Stood by his and side and- miracle of miracles-
Walked him through the lions den!

Wonder of wonders, miracle of miracles-
I was afraid that God would frown,
But like he did so long ago, at Jericho,
God just made a wall fall down!

When Moses softened Pharaohs heart,
that was a miracle.
When God made the waters of the red sea part, that was a miracle too!
But of all God's miracles large and small,
The most miraculous one of all
Is that out of a worthless lump of clay,
God has made a man today.

Wonder of wonders, miracle of miracles-
God took the tailor by the hand
Turned him around and- miracle of miracles- Led him to the promised land!

When David slew Goliath (yes!), that was a miracle.
When God gave us manna in the wilderness, that was a miracle too.
But of all God's miracles large and small,
The most miraculous one of all
Is the one I thought could never be:
God has given you to me.




 Moroni 7:27-29 (click to read in full text of scriptures:)
 "27 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, have amiracles ceased because Christ hath ascended into heaven, and hath sat down on the right hand of God, to bclaim of the Father his rights of mercy which he hath upon the children of men?


 28 For he hath answered the ends of the law, and he claimeth all those who have faith in him; and they who have faith in him will acleave unto every good thing; wherefore he badvocateth the cause of the children of men; and he dwelleth eternally in the heavens.

 29 And because he hath done this, my beloved brethren, have miracles ceased? Behold I say unto you, Nay; neither have aangels ceased to minister unto the children of men."
----
God has NOT ceased being a God of miracles!!  He can perform miracles in your life too.  Trust Him!
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice with your comment.

Like Button

I'm happy you stopped by. Please, share it with a friend!