Saturday, April 30, 2016

Day 54 of 365 days of solace

I have something troubling me-- yes, of course, it has to do with the thing that has troubled me for a long time now. For that reason, I've felt so terribly worried and sad today. Silently, I remained in my room most of the day. I sorted and organized drawers, paper, and purses. (I have a collection of colors).

Right now as I type I heard (silently into my thoughts) the piano intro of "Can You Feel the Love Tonight."  I've been comforted today, through a variety of songs playing into my thoughts. I'm thankful for that solace, and yet I can't seem to escape the emotional turmoil I am feeling. Turmoil based solely on fear of what could happen--but hasn't happened.

It would be easy for me to give up on trying and hoping for "good things to come," but that is not my way.  God has given me a new heart, because I turned to Him, and changed my life through the power of Jesus Christ's atonement.  Through the grace of God, I can do all things!


We must press forward.  We must remain
diligent to God.  For that reason I will still study more scriptures before I go to bed.  For that reason I will continue to pray unto my Father all day long.  For that reason I will be valiant in Christ until the day I die.  

“In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world” (John 16:33). 
For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. [Romans 8:38–39]
No matter what challenges and heartaches you face, you will be alright, if you face them with God's help.  Say your prayers each day, study the scriptures, go to church, and then, in the quiet moments of the day...listen...for songs, thoughts, scriptures, hopeful memories, or the hand of a friend, who reaches out to help you in kindness...God will offer comfort, but we must be paying close attention.
Love, Christine

P.S. I did get out tonight. We got Little Caesar's pizza, and went to a playground with our new puppy.  I sat in the car, because I'm so sad, still sick, and was working on school work...but at least I made a small effort and got out...that's a good thing, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice with your comment.

Like Button

I'm happy you stopped by. Please, share it with a friend!