Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Day 57 of 365 days of solace: Saving Children

Quick chalk art by me, Christine :)
I've had a cloud of gloom surrounding me today. I've thought a lot about my present situation in life, and my failings as a Mother and wife. I've doubted my capacity to do more and be more than I currently am. But, after watching this, and shedding many tears!, I feel rejuvenated. Yes, strange response, I know!
I may never have the opportunity to save and bless the lives of nearly 700 children, but I can make a difference in my small ways. I have 5 beautiful children that fill my life with great happiness. I can do my best to protect them from the evils in the world, and give them opportunities to truly live. 

What I do as a parent may not be the same as someone else, but one thing I do know is that I'm 
doing okay! My children know that within my home they are safe and loved and cared for.

I may continue to sigh when I see yet another pair of Scooby-Doo underwear, smelly socks, or grass stained jean dropped messily in the hallway, just outside the bathroom! (instead of the nearby laundry basket)--but I must try to always remember that there is so much more to 

  life than the chaos! There is love, and that pure, sweet love is what drives me forward 
- even in some unexpected storms of life. With that love in my heart, I can face any storm and come out a champion!

I looked at the men and women in these audiences, and I thought, "They truly understand what it's like to desperately want to survive the tragedy, and they truly wanted to live and breathe-even in the face of hideous evils. I wonder if they ever forgot that desire to live, when life was dark and painful?"

Let us always fight to survive, and live-- not lay down and quit, because things seem
insurmountable! "This too shall pass."

I hope that as you face your personal storms of life, you will never lose sight of how precious life really is, and how precious You are!
Christine
=======
ABOUT THE VIDEO:
"Sir Nicholas George Winton MBE
(born Nicholas George Wertheim; 19 May 1909 – 1 July 2015) was a British humanitarian who organized the rescue of 669 children, most of them Jewish, from Czechoslovakia on the eve of the Second World War in an operation later known as the Czech Kindertransport (German for "children transportation").

Winton found homes for the children and arranged for their safe passage to Britain.[2] The world found out about his work over 40 years later, in 1988. The British press dubbed him the "British Schindler".[3] On 28 October 2014," (wiki)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice with your comment.

Like Button

I'm happy you stopped by. Please, share it with a friend!