Monday, May 16, 2016

Day 70 of 365 days of solace: Sweet song and scripture of comfort

I decided to go up with my family into the canyon. It was last minute, impromptu stuff, which is the way of my artist self.  It took my husband some convincing because he'd had a long, hard day at work.  But ultimately he drove all 7 of us into the canyon.  :)

By the time we got there it was raining!  But we found a site that we love, and it had slowed to a light drizzle.  Another nice man said he, his wife, and son were done with their small gas grill and we could borrow it.  They were going to hang around a while.  I took him up on the offer and he brought the table top grill over to out table.

What a tender mercy, I feel. It allowed us to eat more quickly, not have to search for fire wood that wood burn well, etc... Best of all, we could still enjoy the mountain experience, but get the children home in time for an early bed on a school night.

It was nice to get out of the house, and try to set aside my pressing worry.  I am feeling better today because I've been able to delay something for a couple of weeks. Hopefully by that time a miracle happens, or I'm stronger to face what I think is the inevitable. :(  I was really blessed with the peace of God last night to be at peace. I had my consuming fear removed.  I didn't sleep perfectly, because I did a lot of praying.  But that's fine. I'd rather pray and increase in feelings of trust and peace toward God, than try to deal with my personal suffering alone.

I believe God especially directs and blesses his children and they "incline" their ears and hearts toward Him.

Daniel 9:1818 O my God, incline thine ear, and hear; open thine eyes, and behold our desolations, and the city which is called by thy name: for we do not present our supplications before thee for our righteousnesses, but for thy great mercies.

A few minutes ago I was worried about something, and as I prayed this song quietly came into my thoughts. I don't think I've heard this song in 20 years. It is very sweet, and reminds me that the Spirit of God can bless and direct me if I seek him, listen, and follow His words.


I hope you have faith and trust in Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I hope that you prayerfully seek to see the world through the eyes of faith and trust- knowing that God will not fail you.

Let us listen to the "Still, Small voice of God.,
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice with your comment.

Like Button

I'm happy you stopped by. Please, share it with a friend!