Monday, May 9, 2016

Day 63 of 365 Days of Solace: Artist for rent!;)

I'm off to another state to visit my little sister.  She paid for me to be shuttled out here, so that I can teach her 15 year old daughter art.  I've been apprehensive about this visit, but as I packed and made arrangements for the care of my youngest child, I felt assurance from the Spirit of God that everything was going to work out well.

I spent about 6 hours on a bus, and most of that was spent doing my online school work.  Though I did have and hour or two visiting with Mike, a very nice young man, who loves the outdoors and had decided to live in his car, because he wanted to escape the clutches of material possessions.  Now he says he experiences freedom in hiking and being close to God in nature.

I can certainly appreciate the freedom he much feel by not being fettered at in bondage to earthly possessions.  It's what I continue to work to free myself of.  Even though I've made some great changes in my life in getting rid of things, I know I still have too much.

I can also appreciate the feelings of being outdoors and hiking and breathing in clean, fresh air. He encouraged me to take it up, and to really get my body moving. I told him about the changes I've been making over the years, and how God has been taking me a step at a time in putting my life in order. God began with teaching me to trust in Him completely.  Then He taught me how to make improvements in my family relationship, and the condition of my home.  And little by little I have encouragements and thoughts from the Spirit of God that I need to make specific goals to take one more step forward.

It's been amazing how I went from a hopeless woman, to a woman of hope!  Where I didn't use to believe others could change, because I had not hope for myself, I now KNOW that God can and does work miracles in the lives of others, and it is through his grace that I can relay that message.

Mike understood that, because his Mom is a recovered drug addict.  She now helps others reabilitate their lives, and he has seen in this how even the most "hopeless" cases can change, but that they must want it bad enough, and be willing to work hard enough for change.

Life is about change.  And I have become a new woman, but I still didn't know how I could come int my sister's home and feel comfort here.  Her daughter and I have always struggled to get along.  Really that was in large part due to me.  But I have to tell you a miracle.!!!  I was feeling nervous to see this young woman, who just had some very serious debilitating hip surgery for a rare disorder.  I walked into her room to see her for the first time in several year.  Ad I walked up to her and looked into her face I felt nothing but immense love for her.

I was near tears at how tangible that love was.  I knew this was not on my own merit, but that God has blessed me with not only a new heart, but tonight he gave me an added measure of love.

K and I spent a delightful afternoon doing art. I taught here several watercolor techniques, and then I taught her how to do jewelry and wire work-- which she really enjoys.  AS It got later, I picked up the mess I'd made in the room with all the art supplies I'd packed to bring for lesson.  As I turned to come to the guestroom I had the thought to hug her. I try to quickly act upon impression, so I turned, walked back to her sitting on her bed and hugged her goodnight. It was another wonderful, sweet experience. I said a silent prayer of thank you to Heavenly Father, because this is truly a sweet experience!

I am thankful for the many blessings and gifts which God has helped me to develop over the eyars. I'm thankful to help even in the small ways. I am thankful that there is hope, and there is a way for everyone to come to know and love God with all their heart.

I'll try to come back and add some pictures of our art lessons, but for now I am falling asleep as I type.

I hope you are well, and that you are listening and looking around you in your various circumstances with a prayer in your heat, so that you will and know how very present a loving God and divine Eternal Heavenly Father is to each of his children.
.
Love,
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice with your comment.

Like Button

I'm happy you stopped by. Please, share it with a friend!