Saturday, March 12, 2016

Day 6 of 365 days of Solace

I'm sorry this is going to be brief!  Okay, most, if not all of you will appreciate that! ;)

It has been a day, which has been mostly pleasant.  I helped organize in the basement-- a mess which my two crazy boys had accomplished while I was busy doing schoolwork! :P  I also folded laundry, and found my husbands missing glasses (his new ones!).  yeah!

My little boy, M, came into me this morning, and excitedly showed me a jumpy little frog he'd found in our yard.  That was a first!  I've never seen a frog here.  I love frogs.  But then again, I was a little bit time-boy as a child-- climbing trees, saving worms from the birds!, playing in the mud, and always on the run!  (The joys of ADD!)

I received an email tonight, from a dear friend, and in his church leadership position, asked if I would like to visit with him about what is troubling me. It was just another message that Heavenly Father is aware of my needs.

Well, I need to get to sleep....but I wanted you to know that if we look, Heavenly Father will help us to find things to be thankful for, even in turbulent times.

I heard a hymn today, and associated to it, was this scriptures reference. I took comfort in these words. I hope you will as well!

Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Hebrews 12:1-2

Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice with your comment.

Like Button

I'm happy you stopped by. Please, share it with a friend!