Saturday, March 19, 2016

Day 13 of 365 days of solace: Saturday- Dryer un-repair!



Today, my neighbor and I went to a stake talent show. Hmmm...how to explain that to non-Mormons..Well, think of it as a lot of smaller churches (LDS wards) in a community meeting together for a gathering of all the churches...hence a "stake." (If that doesn't make sense, ask. I'll find a better explanation!)


Anyhow...the talent show was a pleasant experience.  Some funny performances...some serious. I had a lot of people say I should have sung, or displayed art... but I have been busy with school, and concerned over what has been bothering me (see day 1).

We had a yummy lunch of chicken salad, cookies, carrots, chips, and water.  They were in cute red checker boxes. They had a lot of left over lunches from the lunch, and I got some food for my family. My 6 year old LOVED the box, and felt so special with it.

After the lunch I went home we all went up into the canyon for a picnic.  It was one day before Spring, and it is now beautifully sunny, but there it is still colder up in the mountains!  My children didn't believe me when I said to take warm clothing and a coat....fortunately Mama thought ahead! When they began shivering, I produced some warmth for them! It felt good to be prepared.
Snow in the upper canyon.

When we got home, the children played, AS USUAL, with the neighbor kids. I gave them a great idea!  Take apart our broken dryer so we could put it in the recycle bin.  They kept the parts, in a plan to build a robot!!

It was so much fun for them-- until they had to clean up! The only problem is that it really is empowering to teach them these kinds of skills, and they then tried going around the house with my tools- unscrewing light switch plates and door knobs! You might want to think twice before giving children tools and free range to explore!

I loved seeing the curiosity
and wonder of the children.
It brought joy to my heart to watch them. I'm thankful to have their beautiful faces in my life.

 I think of a beautiful scripture about children (and everyone in general!)




And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins.
2 Nephi 25:26 Book of Mormon 
 (Get your free copy here: https://www.mormon.org/free-book-of-mormon)

May we also teach our children, and anyone else within our sphere of influence, the source of happiness--which only comes through Jesus Christ!

All the best,
Christine






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice with your comment.

Like Button

I'm happy you stopped by. Please, share it with a friend!