Thursday, March 24, 2016

Day 18 of 365 days of Solace: A song of love

I've loved this songs for years now, but I've always been bothered by the mocking, loud song the men chime in singing when the solo is over.  Why? Why must that song be sung and ruin such beauty as the words, 

"I have dreamed thee too long, Never seen thee or touched thee.
But known thee with all of my heart.
Half a prayer, half a song,
Thou hast always been with me,
Though we have been always apart."  
"....I see heaven when I see thee, Dulcinea,
And thy name is like a prayer
An angel whispers... Dulcinea... Dulcinea! "






Oh, such beautiful sentiments. Representing such true, dedicated love.  Unselfish love, not dependent upon physical gratification, but tenderness and kindness, and self-discipline!  

So why then- why the ugly chorus of men making fun of such a beautiful, even sacred moment of loving expression?!  Well, I think it is what people do, day in and day out.  They make fun of and tease about things, which are far more beautiful, and compassionate, than they can understand in their unenlightened condition.  

There are always going to be onlookers who don't understand the special things happening in our lives.  They may belittle, criticize, or condemn, but we must not take it to heart. It takes constant, prayerful gratitude and searching toward God, to nourish all the good within us. I think of the poem, and know that beauty such as this unselfish love,  which he sings of is truly "a joy forever."

A thing of beauty is a joy for ever: 
Its lovliness increases; it will never 
Pass into nothingness; but still will keep ...' 
John Keats

I don't have time to interpret the poetry or deeper meanings, BUT, I hope you will not let the mocking, unkind voices of the world bring you down!!  Trust the beauty that has lit up your mind and heart, and follow such beauty!

John 10:27 

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, 

and they follow me:


28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish,
neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
 29 My Father, which gave them me,
 is greater than all;
and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand.
Let us follow the Shepherd's voice,
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice with your comment.

Like Button

I'm happy you stopped by. Please, share it with a friend!