Thursday, March 10, 2016

Day 4 of 365 Days of Solace

I went to bed around 2 am. I needed to finish studying my Math.  It is growing harder.   I am thankful though, because Heavenly Father continues to bless my mind to learn and understand things I never could do in high school.  I especially stayed up late, because I am teaching my Pathway.lds.org class tonight, and I wanted to understand the materials I cover!

Of course, as luck would have it, my crazy boys woke up earlier than usual, and were playing rough and tumble in their room!  Knowing I needed to get them ready for school. 

I sat on the edge of my bed, and prayerfully gave thanks for Heavenly Father's blessings.  I prayed I would have His strength to move forward in appreciation for my many blessings.  I prayed for special friends and family, but also prayed for the suffering men, women, and children in this world- who have struggles unimaginable to my sense of safety and well being. 

When I'd finished speaking to my Father, I tiredly moved off the bed, and felt confidence that  I would make it through another day. 
I went in to my boys room, to see what they were up to-- with all their crazy hoots, giggles, and chattering.  When I opened the door, I saw two underwear boys jumping around the bed. I loved the soft morning light upon their skin. It was a glimpse of joyful delight for life.  Oh, that we should all enjoy life with such vigor!

One of my daughter's stayed home today, because she didn't want to go skiing with her school.  She joined my little kindergartner and I, to the care center. We go there each week and do crafts, singing, or exercise with the residents.  It's been a special experience, though no two times are ever the same, because they are dementia/ almzeimer patients. 

On our walk there (we don't have a working van anymore), I

discovered some metal lawn art that was thrown away. I retrieved it from the trash can.  And we continued to the care center.  
We had a pleasant time, making chicky eggs- a craft I've made with my children, and the preschool children I used to work with.  I didn't take a photo of the residents, for privacy sake- but here's a photo of my children and I.  (The egg I'm holding is one I helped a resident make, but she chose the placement of the flowers.  Activities have to be very simple for them.)

My little girl and I, waited for M to catch  his afternoon Kinder bus, and then she and I walked home.  I suggested we paint the roses, because I wanted her to have special Mama time.  Having time with children has to be consciously made-- in my opinion!  Especially where I have 5 children (ages 6-17), and go to school.  I love my children to play outside all year round, but I need to make sure they feel my influence, and not just that of there friends.

As I walked to the bus stop I heard, "Don't worry, be happy.." I am trying...but it's so hard to feel happy, when you are a ball of emotions!

My sweet H and I made homemade pizza from scratch.  She actually did it all herself, from a recipe she had gotten from her church "Activity Girl Days" group.  In the "Mormon" church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Learn more at this link https://www.mormon.org/),

Activity Girls Day are fun experiences that help these sweet girls from ages 8-11 develop faith in God, friendships, and talents.  She had made bread at a recent activity, and was excited to use her recipe.  (This recipe doesn't make enough dough for a large family- but it was great for lunch, and had snack left overs from children coming home a couple of hours later. If you make it, also know that it's not a sweet  bread dough- like the recipe I shared a couple of days ago. I personally like it sweeter!:)
What it began like!
what it looked like when we finished!

It might seem like coincidence, but I believe Heavenly Father knew that I would pull those lawn ornaments out of the trash. The lid was almost completely closed on the trash can, but my eye caught a hold of a small glimpse of something small, which I doubt few people would have noticed...but He knows my gift for detail.  

Being able to paint with my daughter brightened my spirits even more!  I expressed gratitude to him that I could do that with H. 

Oh....but back to the bread dough- my little H made the soft, wonderful bread all by herself, and then she made a stuff crust pizza with it!

As I walked down to finally sit back down to my Math quiz and school work, I heard the song- "Pretend you're happy when you're blue, it isn't very hard to do." I thought... "He must not have known what real sadness is! I don't think it's that easy!"  

It was wonderful to see m sweet H doing dishes.  I  She rarely does dishes, but it was good practice.  And her big sister and I will especially appreciate if she learns to do a good job at doing the dishes.  (I'd say her big brother- but he'd rather clean toilets than do dishes!)

My neighbor just stopped by to see when a good time for me to go visiting teaching was (in our church women 18 and older have assigned visiting teachers- to teach, visit, and care for the church members.  So no one is ever left to be forgotten--and great friendships are formed.)  My children ran off to play, as we stood in the beautiful sunlight to talk.  

As I walked in, I realized I didn't feel that sick feeling, and I was genuinely smiling. In fact, I'd even forgotten temporarily all the questions and concerns that have been so pervasive this days. 

I feel so thankful to feel God's light and love upon my heart and mind.  As I keep moving forward seeking his word through scriptures, prayers, service, and giving thanks to Him for my many blessings, He in turn helps me to feel solace.  

I know my long journey isn't over, and I will still feel a full gamut of emotion, but I am choosing to be especially thankful that I feel a good deal of comfort today.  I must not allow myself to be consumed with fear, because God is greater than the strength of any man or woman.  Here's a song I love to think upon, because I know it's true!!  We have angel armies protecting us!





Doctrine and Covenants 78:18 
And ye cannot bear all things now; nevertheless, be of good cheer, for I will lead you along. The kingdom is yours and the blessings thereof are yours, and the riches of eternity are yours.
I hope you are looking for things to praise God for. Trust Him. Things aren't going to go permanently wrong if you are keeping God's commandments! (And, if you are not-- then it's time to change your life! It's never to late to repent and turn to God. Never!)

Love, Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice with your comment.

Like Button

I'm happy you stopped by. Please, share it with a friend!