Thursday, April 4, 2019

4 April 2019: Sadness and Sickness for Spring Break

It's been a while, but I need a new outlet to express myself.

My sorrow is deep.
My fear intense.
My uncertainty of the future high.

I've just gotten some really terrible news that affects every member of my family. And well, life isn't looking particularly cheerful.

Being stuck in bed for days with a fever, stuffy nose, head pain, and chest congestion leaves me feeling very un-Pollyanna like! (Pollyanna is a cheerful young girl from an old Disney movie:)

I feel confused and burdened and weighed down with grief. Okay, I've probably mentioned that already!

I'm generally a very optimistic person, but I have a lot of self-doubt and concern for my safety, so I hope you'll indulge me in some sorrow!

However, I want it to be known that while my world is spinning on a newly titled axis that I feel the power of God continue to bless and comfort me. My comfort hasn't come with the visitation of angels but by quiet assurances of music to my thoughts. 

Somehow, I'm going to get through the darkness of this season and the tears I'm crying (and which my 18yr. old daughter cried yesterday in learning the misfortune of our family. I haven't told all my children yet) will be dried in God's own due time.

One of the ways I have been comforted is with this song by Michael Crawford:  


You who dwell in the shelter of the Lord,
Who abide in His shadow for life,
Say to the Lord, "My Refuge,
My Rock in Whom I trust."

Refrain
And He will raise you up on eagle's wings,
Bear you on the breath of dawn,
Make you to shine like the sun,
And hold you in the palm of His Hand.

You need not fear the terror of the night,
Nor the arrow that flies by day,
Under his wings your refuge
His faithfulness your shield

For to His angels He's given a command,
To guard you in all of your ways,
Upon their hands they will bear you up,
Lest you dash your foot against a stone.

Refrain
And He will raise you up on eagle's wings,
Bear you on the breath of dawn,
Make you to shine like the sun,
And hold you in the palm of His Hand.


I've got to get back to writing a research paper, and there is no way that I can recount all the tender mercies of the Lord. But I just want to remind myself  that through Him, I will remain resolute to the cause of righteousness. I have, and will yet make many mistakes and sin, but I am hopeful He will forgive me and give me the courage  act on faith in His name. 

Jesus Christ gives us Hope for brighter tomorrows if we reach out for His hand and turn away from sin.

Fight for truth and righteousness, there is no sweeter joy, peace, and love on earth than that which is found through Jesus Christ. Love, Christine









No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice with your comment.

Like Button

I'm happy you stopped by. Please, share it with a friend!