Wednesday, October 22, 2014

LDS Temples and "Mormon Underwear"

As some of you know from various posts, I love to worship regularly at my local LDS (Mormon) temple.  However, some of you criticize or focus on the "secret" things we do.  When in reality, the way we dress and act there is deeply sacred to us--not secret.  If society acted in the kind, calm, and thoughtful way we do in the beautiful, and clean interior of the temple, the world would be a different place! We protect the feelings and experiences of our temples, because we hold it dear to our hearts, and we don't want it to be made fun of by those who don't cherish God and our firm beliefs, as we do

This short but very informative video shows you what we wear, and explains the comparisons of our faith to other faiths.

As paralleled in this short segment, It is completely true, that I feel as deeply about God, and Jesus Christ, as any nun, monk, catholic priest, or Muslim feel about their religious beliefs.

When I am in the temple I count it a time of holy communion with God.  A time of peace, and tranquility, in which I am reminded of my divine worth, as well as reminded of my vows to follow the path of our Savior, and all that he taught in His ministry.

When I pray, at home, church, temple, or silently in my daily activities, I count it a sacred experience. As special as a  "Hail Mary (Ave Maria)" or any other symbolic actions.

By wearing unseen religious clothing, it helps my focus on spiritual things of God and eternity, and it is very sacred to me.

While not everyone in The Church of Jesus Christ of latter-day Saints worships identically in all aspects of our lives, the devout member of our Christian religion is daily trying to improve and dedicate our time and energies to faithfully serving our families, friends, and community around us.

I hope you will take a few minutes to learn about me, and others who share my views.  I hope it will help us increase in our mutual understanding and appreciation. It's always best to get your information from the source!! Never second hand.

Christine


P.S.  If you have other questions, please feel free to comment or message me. :)


http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/temple-garments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice with your comment.

Like Button

I'm happy you stopped by. Please, share it with a friend!