Friday, April 1, 2016

Day 26 of 365 days of Solace: April Fool's Day!

I'm sorry, for you regular readers...I am behind on writing God's comfort and solace in my daily life. I have absolutely seen His blessings, even amid the storms of life, but things have been crazy around here.  I'm moving into finals with school, got a job, and trying to keep busy. I hope to go back and share some of my notes and experiences (and photos, of course!) of those days, because I keep a careful journal, but for now I will be quick...my pain medicine is taking effect, and I'm growing sleepy!

I can only add one photo, but when I edit them, I will share more later!  It's been a painful, but beautiful day! :)

==========================================
Here's my journal entry for today :)

My arm has been killing me! Okay, not literally.... I have had agonizing pain. Even now, it hurts to move my arm to type.  This is a good lesson in learning to be more empathetic to people who are disabled or struggle with pain.  I was in so much pain this morning when I woke up, that I was shaking from the pain. I took Ibuprofin, and about an hour later I began to have some of the edge taken off...but I was useless, because any movement caused excruciating pain.

I rarely get myself into the doctors, but I prayed I could figure something out.  Heavenly Father helped me as I did my part by calling the health insurance company and the coverage doctors, etc..... As I was looking through them I remembered having gone to ..... hospital for my wrist or arm many years ago.  Having gone made me not a new patient.  At first she wasn't going to get me in until Monday, but she asked the Physician Assistant Tyson..., and he agreed to see me today (I won't have a car Monday). I had said a prayer that  I would be able to get in, and I was. No one else that I called this morning was able to get me in.  How thankful I feel. 

But until I started typing this, I didn't realize that had been a "vision type experience."  It was subtle, because it came in the form of just remembering myself sitting in the office and getting an x-ray (maybe it was the neck...I can't remember!)  Because I remembered, and even recognized the name of Dr. H...., I was gotten in.  It is important that we won't always recognize spiritual impressions in the moment- especially where they mimic a "random memory." I called it a "vision type experience" and that may not be an accurate representation, because it didn't teach or tell me something of the future, but it's the best I can to do apply it.



Today, I also was blessed in a special way.  My friend, Melanie, from my Pathway class said I could have her dryer.  It works she said, but sometimes it will overheat, and will stop to cool off sometimes.  I felt so excited, because we've been without one a few weeks now- since our last used one had the heating element go out.  The other day Briant did pretty much all the laundry and hung it all over the house.  (He has done some amazing things this Spring break- even though I worked and had my arm growing more injured.)



After the doctor's we went on a family drive up into the canyon. It is finally sunny and beautiful.  We finished the book: The Fourth Nephite (We all loved it.

Life has been hard, and I can't really share why...but what I can say is that Heavenly Father has yet again showed his loving hand in my life, and reassured me that he is in charge, and I need not "fear what man can do!" I hope you are daily pouring out your heart in prayer to God, where ever you go- formally or informally- seek him, and you shall find him, and feel His solace and love in your eyes. Even though your lives may be hard, and some tragically painful, He will still help you to find solace, and he will grant you a portion of His 
peace.

May we keep our faith in God!
Christine

A few more scriptures to consider :)

Moroni 8:16

  • Book of Mormon
Wo be unto them that shall pervert the ways of the Lord after this manner, for they shall perish except they repent. Behold, I speak with boldness, having authority from God; and I fear not what man can do; for perfect love casteth out all fear

D&C 122:9

  • Doctrine and Covenants
Therefore, hold on thy way, and the priesthood shall remain with thee; for their bounds are set, they cannot pass. Thy days are known, and thy years shall not be numbered less; therefore, fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice with your comment.

Like Button

I'm happy you stopped by. Please, share it with a friend!