Saturday, November 26, 2016

Day 262 of 365 days of Solace: An early Wake-up call!

Last night I went to bed quite late because I was trying to make last nights post as clear, scripturally sound, and as near error free as possible! In truth I kept seeing errors or thinking of how to reword my intricate wording, and consequently I didn't go to bed until about 2:15 am! I wasn't too worried though. I know I could sleep in on this wonderful day of Saturday, as there was no church or school to wake up earlier for.

At 7:50 I got an early (for me!) wake up call from God. Into my very sleep brain I heard, "Wake up, wake up you sleepy head! Get up, get up get out of bed!" I wanted to ignore it, but I have vowed to God that my life is his, and if he wanted me to be awake then I would be. I'll do whatever He asks of me.

I prayed to know what to do, but I had no thought. I did see my husband wasn't in bed sleeping. Not a big surprise because he's an "early bird" and I'm a "night owl!" But I decided to go see what he was doing.

I searched the house, but I did not find him, until I went down the stairs to the basement. You won't
be able to imagine this, and I wish I'd taken a photo!, but there was my husband sitting on the couch, his hands to his head in frustration, and he looked a lot like the millers daughter from the children's classic story of Rumplstiltskin! (You can read that story here if you'd like: http://www.grimmstories.com/en/grimm_fairy-tales/rumpelstiltskin )

As soon as I saw him I knew why God had woken me, but just to make sure I quietly asked, "Did you want some help?" I was hoping he'd say no, and then I could go back to bed! :))

Briant said with concern, "I'm glad you are here. I didn't know how to get started on all these clothes. We need to get rid of a lot to the D.I. (a thrift shop). We have too many clothes, and the boys are making a mess in their room." My husband had a valid point. Our 7 and 9 year old love to dig through their clothes finding the perfect outfit.

I agreed to help and I sat down and began sorting. By the end of the day we had 4 large black trash bags ready to donate to D.I.! It took many hours of studying, sorting, and separating, but we finally had achieved a big feat of tackling an accumulations of too many clothes for 7 people. (In part because we experience extreme seasons where we live) But whatever the reason it felt great to accomplish that, and then to take it to the thrift store, along with a big lazy-boy recliner chair just taking up space!

I know my husband was grateful to have me there, and I was thankful to be there taking part in an errand of the Lord. He knew my husband was feeling overwhelmed at tackling this room full of clean laundry that we just didn't have space for!

I am thankful for my husband working hard in the house today and yesterday. I have some health issues that make energy and movement challenging at times, but with Briant's help, and the help of God, I was able to accomplish some great things today!

I need to get to bed now. Church is tomorrow, and it's one of my favorite days of the week!
If you want to experience church as I do, please find a Mormon Meeting house near you. Everyone is welcome! No matter your age, color, language, or lifestyle. You will always be welcomed! And the cool thing is that we dot the earth, as seen only in part here! :)  https://www.lds.org/maps/meetinghouses/


Take Care,
Christine



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice with your comment.

Like Button

I'm happy you stopped by. Please, share it with a friend!