Thursday, November 17, 2016

Day 249 of 365 days of Solace: Simply Stated!

Dear (friend),

If I could write all I think and feel right now, it would not be on plain lined paper with only black pen, but instead it would be filled with colors, drawing, and flourishes. On MANY pages it would celebrate the spiritual thoughts and feelings of my heart with musical and artistic flair! But, as it stands I shall attempt to minimally share a few concepts and hope you will draw upon my past years of words to fill in the blanks with thoughts, feelings, and emotion. I think you have plenty of material to pull from! I hope that if you can't remember all the stories you will nonetheless remember my love and gratitude from Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost (and yes, for you). 
Wow! I LOVE this artists symbolic work. It moves
my soul! See more at"
http://www.rassouli.com/symbolic_paintings.htm

This journey has been bitter-sweet. There have been many tears, doubts, questions and anguish. And yet, for all the sorrow, there has been indescribable comfort, remarkable miracles and blessings, extra doses of spiritual outpouring of love, peace, and (now) happiness. I know that the tears will come again, but I intend to draw upon my lessons from the Lord, to help see me through all things.  

Here are some things I've learned through the tribulations of life: 

  • Even in the gospel family, and even when we are abundantly blessed with the Spirit, our mortal frailties and subjective feelings, biases, and points of reference affect every person's perspective of truth.
  • The Lord helps us learn at our own pace, and teaches us of His absolute truths at a pace perfect to our needs.
  • Even when there is larger truth to any given matter, the Lord will commonly only give us things relevant to our need to
     understand in moving forward. 
  • Seeing the big picture does not mean we are seeing the whole picture.
  • A person, no matter how beautiful in spirit, is still imperfect!
  • Even the heroes of the world (Except Jesus Christ) have shortcomings. (This gives me courage, and helps me see that I'm adequate!)
  • Social status doesn't define a person's capacity to influence and bless the lives of others.
  • Every person can play an important role in the kingdom of God, no matter how large or small their contribution.
  • Our influence for good is immeasurable to our view. (Amen to that! Because I know you have no true idea of how you've blessed me!:)
  • Love really is THE positive catalyst for all change of a person's soul.
  • My love and offering are acceptable to God, and sufficient to love and serve others, but only when I am using the support and grace of Christ's wings to bless, inspire, and sustain me.
The hand of God is visible in each day of my life from the deeply profound to the superficially mundane, if I am worthy and blessed with a vision beyond myself and beyond the moment. I never wish to take back the lessons of the years in my life because they are helping me to reach my potential. I feel only gratitude for life, even for the heartaches. And let's be honest, one of my heart aches is named (your name)! But I truly count you among my "many blessings" and "count (those) blessings and name them one by one!" (LDS Hymn #241) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fMjgS4vu4o


Photo of the original of this same letter. Lucky for you because I'm better at art than hand writing, unlike you!
P.S. And it was 4 handwritten pages, but only 1.5 typed pages. Impressive! :))

Even in your choice to be (what appears to me) to be formal and lacking your usual warmth, I hold out the hope that some friendships are enduring. :) I will respect your choices, but contrary to any words or any amount of silence-- I BELIEVE in YOU! And I am proud of you! I know you have made a big difference in this world. I know you will make many other wonderful and influential decisions in building up the kingdom of God on Earth!

You are a person of righteousness, which stands independent of (status). The seedling of your beauty came trailing with you before your birth, and before your (status), and I have no doubt you will continue to grow in "beauty like the sun
(Son)"! (Your (status) just afforded me the privilege to (get to know you better). I pray for you daily, and I pray that you will continue to diligently strive to walk the strict road that Jesus walked.


With Christ-like love,

Christine

P.S. I recommend this talk. I liked reading about the power of words which this man had through his expression of "spiritual thoughts" in the BYU class he taught. I think I especially liked one story in there--I think you'll know it when you hear it!! ;)


Here's a scripture that moved me to tears in the temple recently:

Alma 37:16-18


Do you understand what I'm saying here?!!
  16 But if ye keep the commandments of God, and do with these things which are sacred according to that which the Lord doth command you, (for you must appeal unto the Lord for all things whatsoever ye must do with them) behold, no power of earth or hell can atake them from you, for God is powerful to the fulfilling of all his words.

  17 For he will fulfil all his apromises which he shall make unto you, for he has fulfilled his promises which he has made unto our fathers.

  18 For he promised unto them that he would apreserve these things for a wise purpose in him, that he might show forth his power unto future generations.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice with your comment.

Like Button

I'm happy you stopped by. Please, share it with a friend!