Friday, November 28, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving 2014

(A post especially dedicated to a friend of mine, but I hope you readers enjoy it nonetheless.)

I just wanted to  and wish YOU a Happy Thanksgiving.  I hope Your day was as special as mine!  

This year is the best Thanksgiving I recall ever having. I'm sure there have been other wonderful one's, but I guess old age has set in. There was so much peace with this wonderful family that I married into, and it will long leave memories feelings of happiness!

Today I had many lifelong dreams fulfilled. 
First, I got to go into the mountains to pick a family Christmas tree! (though my driving a 12 passenger van up slick roads left me sick--It was like an awful uphill roller coaster ride! And I don't like roller coaster rides!) 

Then we went and saw the Indian Hieroglyphs. We came home and ate a delicious dinner--compliments of Marianne and Janeen, who stayed behind to prepare for the troops to eat! (23 of us) The food was delicious, and the company was sweet! 

After dinner we all joined in and picked up the mess and scrubbed dishes, etc. 

Following dishes and photographing a minor surgery on the couch (A cousin needed his gash seal properly), I played piano for about an hour, and then Janeen played while I sang.  Nearing the end Lyle and Kendall joined in--and we performed a better rendition than Journay ;) of "Open Arms!"   

A day of peaceful family, rocks, sticks, singing, and good food....That's my kind of day. (Oh, and while I've been doing the editing of the photos a large family makeup party has been going on in one room with the girl cousins and games in other rooms.)

I feel so content, and grateful for the blessings of Heavenly Father--- for blessing me with loving family and friends, the marvelous beauties of nature, rewarding talents, and friends. Happy Thanksgiving 2014!! 

Here's a photo collage of just a few of the happy memories of my day.  


 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice with your comment.

Like Button

I'm happy you stopped by. Please, share it with a friend!