Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Merry Christmas 2014

The year is coming to a close.  I look back with many fond memories.  I have learned so much this year, and especially have learned more about Heavenly Father's love for me and all of his children.  I continue to be amazed at his love and patience for me.

Tonight is Christmas Eve.  I have been tidying up the house, and preparing food for our Christmas dinner.  If I had a choice I would not be cooking, or making sure I find the time to wrap last minute gifts-- BUT, I don't do these things because I love my family.

It is often required of us to sacrifice, in order to bring joy to others around us.  When we focus on our discomfort and wants, we will not learn to give to others and in turn we will never feel true
satisfaction, joy, and peace.

As we celebrate Christmas, let us remember that we give gifts as a way of remembering--remembering the ultimate, most wonderful gift that was given so very long ago-- that of the Savior Jesus Christ dying on the cross for each one of us- so that we might live and have eternal life!

As we give or receive gifts lets receive them in gratitude for the ultimate gift and the love associated to that gift.  For love should be the purpose behind all we do now and each day of our lives.

Prayerfully look for ways to serve those around you.  Pray for opportunities to bless other people--not just in your homes, but in your community.  You will find them as you seek them.



Romans 6:23 
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. 

I wish you a blessed Christmas!
Christine


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice with your comment.

Like Button

I'm happy you stopped by. Please, share it with a friend!