Sunday, October 13, 2019

Fast Sunday In Honor of You

Today was fast Sunday. Once a month members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints offer a 24 hour fast (skipping 2 meals) and then they pay tithes and offerings to bless and benefit others in needs. Through the money the poor and needy are fed, temples, churches, and schools are built, and the work of God can be done throughout the world

If you'd like to learn more click on this link (and along the left side of the screen are other links to answer questions about tithes and offerings: https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/manual/tithing-and-fast-offerings/what-is-tithing?lang=eng

I realize it's been a while but I'm back in college and I'm very busy, so I don't write as often. I want to stop in and say that today I fasted. I have also fasted once a month (sometimes twice a month) for 7 years for this friend, and I pray every day (many times a day) for him, and I put his name on the temple prayer roll each week.

Today, I fasted for his courage to do what is right.

I fasted for his protection from sin. I fasted for him to have faith in Jesus Christ.

I fasted for him to have the help he needs to live a life pleasing to God.

I fasted for him to be humble before the Lord.

I fasted that people he approaches in his time of need would extend arms of Godly friendship and Godly love. 


I fasted for people to be patient with his mistakes and not show disappointment in him but hope for him through the power of Jesus Christ. 

I fasted a good many things...

But most of all, I fasted that he would know how much the Lord loves him, how much I love him, and how much others love him. That he would know that he is remembered with LOVE.


































I fasted that he would remember that he is a cherished son of God with a bright future ahead of him. 




Fasting is a tremendous sacrifice to me because it is hard to fast with a chronic health condition that I have, but I want my beloved friend to feel added blessings of heaven as he climbs the rocky journey of this mortal life.


I do not know how my friend is blessed, but I know that Heavenly Father watches over each one of us on earth. I know that the Lord of heaven and earth has the power to take the messy things of our lives and help to make us beautiful despite our injuries on the battlefield of life. Trust in the power of God to heal You. <3

If You keep trying with His, You will succeed!
I believe in You. 
Wherever You are and whatever You are doing, I hope You know that You are a treasured child of your Eternal Father in Heaven. I hope You will remember that he is watching You and loving You, even when you can't feel that in the struggles of the present. Reach out to him in faith and courage and go toward the light of truth and Love. 







He will help you find your way hHome! You have a glorious future ahead of You, if You will take the hand of Christ and walk with Him.


Love and hugs, Christine
# Friends Are Friends Forever
3 Nephi 9:13-14 (Book of Mormon)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice with your comment.

Like Button

I'm happy you stopped by. Please, share it with a friend!