Thursday, July 7, 2016

Day 121 of 365 days of solace: Mirror, Mirror

Last night I went to bed feeling upset. I've been feeling so happy, but my heart began hurting again,
and I began to wonder, "When is this all going to be over?" I just tried to change my unhappy thoughts by thinking upon my precious little children and my many blessing.

As I slept I heard several songs.  I heard these words "I'm sorry for breaking your heart" (to the well known Adele song, "Hello.") and I knew that one of the people who has caused so much sorrow to me feels badly about how it's all turned out. That is of some comfort, and it helps me to be able to forgive, but well... it's going to take time for this sorrow to be completely healed. I'm thankful for the grace of God, which is the only reason I can face my sorrow with such grace, but healing still takes time. And that's okay, it's part of our learning experience.

Later in the night (or wee hours of the morning), I heard this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RahPOtKUFSk
BEAUTIFUL FOR ME Lyrics
Nichole Nordeman
Every girl young and old has to face her own reflection
Twirl around, stare it down
What’s the mirror gonna say
With some luck, you’ll measure up
But you might not hold a candle to the rest
“Is that your best?” says the mirror to the mess
But there’s a whisper in the noise
Can you hear a little voice
and he says
Has anybody told you you’re beautiful?
You might agree if you could see what I see
Oh
‘Cuz everything about you is incredible
You should have seen me smile the day that I made you beautiful for me
If it’s true beauty lies in the eye of the beholder
What my life and what’s inside to give him something to behold
I want a heart that’s captivating
I wanna hear my Father say

Has anybody told you you’re beautiful?
You might agree if you could see what I see
Oh
‘Cuz everything about you is incredible
You should have seen me smile the day that I made you beautiful for me
Close your eyes
Look inside
Let me see the you that you’ve been trying to hide
Long ago, I made you so very beautiful
So I ought to know you’re beautiful
Has anybody told you you’re beautiful?
You might agree if you could see what I see
Yeah
‘Cuz everything about you is incredible
You should have seen me smile the day that I made you beautiful
You’re so beautiful
Beautiful for me
So beautiful for me
Has anybody told you?

The message is clearly to understand that no matter who misunderstands me, or rejects me, that I will always be loved and beautiful to my Heavenly Father.

Well, a few minutes ago, as I sat to work on a  lesson I'm teaching for my Pathway class tonight (I LOVE pathway.lds.org ) I began to consider upon the painful life experiences I was thinking about at bedtime.  As my sadness grew, this song began to play into my memory. If you don't think God isn't an active part of our lives, think again! This was not a coincidence!

I'm thankful that God is aware of each one of use. I am choosing to let LOVE win. I am choosing to FORGIVE.

We cannot be happy when we act, think, or speak unkindly. I want to be happy, so I will let God fight my battles.

I have so much that I am thankful for. I am choosing to forgive, and I will let God fight my battles. I
have the strength to carry on. I am choosing to be happy by how I think and act and speak.

I am thankful that God is helping me to focus on the hero in me.  If you ever find yourself thinking that you are a miserable failure, PLEASE know that is NOT the voice of God.  Pray to be able to change those thoughts.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5txIGLWLlA
God's voice will always teach or direct us in love!


"Hero"
There's a hero
If you look inside your heart
You don't have to be afraid
Of what you are
There's an answer
If you reach into your soul
And the sorrow that you know
Will melt away
And then a hero comes along
With the strength to carry on
And you cast your fears aside
And you know you can survive
So when you feel like hope is gone
Look inside you and be strong
And you'll finally see the truth
That a hero lies in you
It's a long road
When you face the world alone
No one reaches out a hand
For you to hold
You can find love
If you search within yourself
And the emptiness you felt
Will disappear
And then a hero comes alongWith the strength to carry on
And you cast your fears aside
And you know you can survive
So when you feel like hope is gone
Look inside you and be strong
And you'll finally see the truth
That a hero lies in you


Lord knows
Dreams are hard to follow
But don't let anyone
Tear them away
Hold on
There will be tomorrow
In time
You'll find the way
And then a hero comes alongWith the strength to carry on
And you cast your fears aside
And you know you can survive
So when you feel like hope is gone
Look inside you and be strong
And you'll finally see the truth
That a hero lies in you
That a hero lies in you
That a hero lies in you
=====









I'm going to move forward in my day, and keep this sweet reminders from the Spirit of God in my heart and mind.
It doesn't matter what a few people on this enormous earth may think of me, or speak of me.  All that matters is that I am choosing to do my best to try and please my God.



As you move through the minutes of your life, I hope you will join me in turning to God in prayer, and then listening for his (generally) soft answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice with your comment.

Like Button

I'm happy you stopped by. Please, share it with a friend!