Thursday, September 29, 2016

Day 204 of 365 days of Solace: Dulcinea

This morning I was woken up to this word- "Dulicnea." The song itself is a truly sweet message, of virtue and purity, as per the lyrics:

Dulcinea"
(from "Man of La Mancha" musical)

I have dreamed thee too long, 
Never seen thee or touched thee. 
But known thee with all of my heart. 
Half a prayer, half a song, 
Thou hast always been with me, 
Though we have been always apart. 

Dulcinea... Dulcinea... 
I see heaven when I see thee, Dulcinea, 
And thy name is like a prayer 
An angel whispers... Dulcinea... Dulcinea! 

If I reach out to thee, 
Do not tremble and shrink 
From the touch of my hand on thy hair. 
Let my fingers but see 
Thou art warm and alive, 
And no phantom to fade in the air. 

Dulcinea... Dulcinea... 
I have sought thee, sung thee, 
Dreamed thee, Dulcinea! 

Now I've found thee, 
And the world shall know thy glory, 
Dulcinea... Dulcinea!

But it seemed to me that there was more to the message. So I went and searched and discovered some wonderful articles at www.lds.org

I knew the message for me, and I smiled at the message Heavenly Father wanted me to understand from my research.

"....The Man of La Mancha, a play about growth and redemption. Don Quixote will not permit Aldonza, a woman sadly abused by men, to be what she thinks she is. He calls her his lady, his beautiful, pure, fair, lady. He gives her a new name, “Dulcinea,” which infuriates her. But over the course of the play his view of her takes hold, and at his deathbed someone speaks to her, calling her Aldonza. “My name,” she replies with great feeling, “is Dulcinea.” The audience breathed as one. We were all caught up in the marvelous spiritual triumph that had taken place before our eyes."
https://www.lds.org/new-era/1984/08/drama-and-religion-the-best-of-friends?lang=eng

Heavenly Father wanted me to understand my real identity, pure love's identity of me. ....God's pure identity of me.  I am not defined by what others have thought of me, or what they may yet think of me. I am not defined by the abuses or mistreatment of my life.  My worth is within the words of beauty of this song, but so much more. My worth is eternal and splendid. AND SO IS YOURS!



You must believe that you are more than the experiences and labels of your life. You must believe that the no matter where you stand now, or where you have stood in the past- that today is your day of decision. You MUST decide to accept Heavenly Father's label of you--which is "LOVED." 

In the words of President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, 

"....wherever you are, whatever your circumstances may be, you are not forgotten. No matter how dark your days may seem, no matter how insignificant you may feel, no matter how overshadowed you think you may be, your Heavenly Father has not forgotten you. In fact, He loves you with an infinite love."


"Just think of it: You are known and remembered by the most majestic, powerful, and glorious Being in the universe! You are loved by the King of infinite space and everlasting time!"
https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2011/10/forget-me-not?lang=eng

Isaiah 61:10





I pray you will know of how loved you are!


Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice with your comment.

Like Button

I'm happy you stopped by. Please, share it with a friend!