Thursday, June 12, 2014

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart


I'm feeling a tremendous amount of fear today, over something I am dreading, but must face in the next couple of days. I've begun to doubt myself to the umpth degree, and I think...."Maybe I really am a confused and lost soul!" (Okay, perhaps overly dramatic to say  but worry and doubt are an understatement to how I'm feeling today!)

As I knelt to pray this morning I found myself think of what appeared to be a random word "moorings." I searched that word at lds.org and found this talk that really speaks to heart today. Perhaps it will comfort you also. (P.S. I'd appreciate prayers!)

Here are some excerpts of that gave me comfort:
=====
"We’re all here because we love the Lord. We want to serve Him. Our Heavenly Father is mindful of us. Of that I testify. I acknowledge His hand in all things.

"

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

“In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.”

“For my soul delighteth in the song of the heart; yea, the song of the righteous is a prayer unto me, and it shall be answered with a blessing upon their heads.”



"My counsel for all of us is to look to the lighthouse of the Lord. There is no fog so dense, no night so dark, no gale so strong, no mariner so lost but what its beacon light can rescue. It beckons through the storms of life. The lighthouse of the Lord sends forth signals readily recognized and never failing."

I love the words found in Psalms: “The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; … I will call upon the Lord … so [I shall] be saved from mine enemies.”

The Lord loves us, my brothers and sisters, and will bless us as we call upon Him."

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2010/04/a-word-at-closing?lang=eng#watch=video


I feel firmly that I can trust in the greater plan of Heavenly Father.  I am going to make mistakes along the way, but he will help guide me home, as I look to him.
In the words of an old song "I Will Survive" (by Gloria Gaynor) I close tonight's blog.  (I didn't put them all, because they don't all apply....but you can hear it all in the song.
REMEMBER--- You CAN and YOU WILL survive anything!!

At first I was afraid I was petrified
Kept thinking I ....how you did me wrong
And I grew strong
And I learned how to get along

Do you think I'd crumble
Did you think I'd lay down and die?

Oh no, not I. I will survive
Oh as long as I know how to love
I know I'll stay alive
I've got all my life to live


I've got all my love to give and I'll survive
I will survive,
I will survive!


But now I hold my head up high
And you see me, somebody new
I'm not that chained up little girl ....

Oh no, not I. I will survive
Oh as long as I know how to love
I know I'll stay alive
I've got all my life to live
I've got all my love to give and I'll survive

I will survive,
I will survive!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice with your comment.

Like Button

I'm happy you stopped by. Please, share it with a friend!