Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Keep Trying

I really need to get to bed, but I feel badly if I don't post anything.  Tonight will be short though!  Good for you! :)

I went out walking with a friend tonight. When I arrived she was out weeding in her strawberry patch.  Initially, I was just thinking she'd stop weeding and we'd go walking.  I watched her struggling on her knees to get the weeds out. 

Then I had a thought that dawned on me: "Help her weed."  I got right in there and started weeding.  Something the old lazy me would not have done.  It felt satisfying to yank and twist out those weeds, and see my hands become caked from the dark brown earth. 
I took this of my girl in Hawaii.  Talk about mud!

As we finished the job, and prepared to leave for the walk, I thoroughly washed my hands and cleaned the thick brown mud from under my fingertips, I felt a certain sense of accomplishment in the joy of labor and friendship.  I was glad to be there at the right time, doing the right thing.

I can't tell you I did much more to be productive today than weed and walk.  (I spent way too much time on the computer.  On good, but slightly wasteful hours.)  But, I will celebrate those small successes of my day, and work to be a better, harder working person tomorrow.  God is pleased when we keep trying, even when we think it would be easier to give up. 

I hope you are well, and that you look for the good in yourself.

Christine

P.S.  Sorry I don't have a better photo tonight of a strawberry patch, but hopefully you'll enjoy this mud!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice with your comment.

Like Button

I'm happy you stopped by. Please, share it with a friend!